This course thoroughly explains the key aspects and salient features of the ASME Codes most closely associated with the major industries in the region.
It consists of two modules:
- This module satisfies the participant's "Need To Know" about the ASME Codes, sufficient for the implementation of Manufacturers' and Owners' Quality Programs.
- This module answers the participant's "How To" questions relating to the implementation of the Code requirements in the context of Manufacturers' and Owners' Quality Programs
- Quality Control Programs required by ASME Codes
- ASME Code, Section VIII, Division 1 - Pressure Vessels
- ASME Code, Section I - Power Boilers
- Overview of Materials for Pressure Vessels
- Material Requirements for Section VIII, Division 1
- Material Requirements for Section II, Parts A and B
- General Design Principles Procedure for Obtaining an ASME Code Stamp
- Quality Control Procedures for Pressure Vessels and Heat Exchangers
- Common Welding Processes
- ASME Code Section IX — Welding and Brazing Qualifications
- Development of Welding Procedures
- Procedures Qualification Records (PQRs)
- Welder's Performance Qualification Records (WPQRs)
- Post Weld Heat Treatment
- Low Temperature Operations
- ASME Code Section V — Nondestructive Examination
- Review of NDE Personnel Qualifications and Written Practices to SNT-TC-1A.
- NDT Acceptance Standards as per Section VIII, Division 1
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for engineers / supervisors, managers who desires to have through knowledge on ASMECodes and those who come across day to day in practical, the usage of the above code.