· This workshop uses a hands-on, interactive, skill-centered method of teaching negotiation. Each day of the workshop, core concepts and frameworks are presented in an interactive style to the participants.
· Building on the interactive presentations, each day centers on case simulations in which participants actually negotiate and apply the theory they are learning.
Goals of the Negotiation Workshop:
Participants can expect to learn how to:
· Discover your current assumptions about negotiation and your approach to negotiating;
· Learn how to systematically prepare, conduct and review negotiations to produce better outcomes each time you negotiate;
· Learn how to discover the underlying interests in a negotiation and create mutually beneficial and durable solutions for all parties;
· Enhance your ability to communicate more effectively;
· Understand ways to build and strengthen important relationships over time;
· Learn how to deal effectively with difficult tactics, people and situations;
· Recognize when to accept and when to “walk away” from a deal;
· Respond to threats and otherwise uncooperative behavior;
· Separate the people from the problem;
· Strengthen and improve relationships
· Build your skills for negotiating more systematically and successfully over time.