The objective of the course is to present an overview of Infrared Thermography Testing, identifying the advantages and limitations of this as compared to other methods of Non-destructive Testing.
- The Nature of Heat. What is It? How is It Measured / Expressed?
- Temperature –What is It? How is It Measured / Expressed? Different Temp Scales
- Heat Transfer Modes Familiarization
- Radiosity Concepts- Radiation Laws
- Emissivity Enigma
- Techniques to Overcome Low Emissivity
- IR Detectors
- IR Instrumentation
- Checking Equipment Calibration with Blackbody References
- Qualitative and Quantitative thermography
- Infrared Image and Documentation Quality
- Detecting Thermal Anomalies Resulting from Differences in Thermal Resistance (Quasi-Steady-State Heat Flow)
- IR Application
- Process Industries
- Aero Space Industries
- Detecting Thermal / Anomalies Resulting from Differences in Thermal Capacitance, Using System of Environmental Heat Cycles
- Detecting Thermal Anomalies Resulting from Differences in Physical State
- Detecting Thermal Anomalies Resulting from Fluid Flow Problems
Who Should Attend
The course is designed for anyone who is interested in satisfying the classroom training requirements for Infrared Thermography Testing Level I certifications or who needs a thorough knowledge and practical experience of Infrared Testing Techniques.